We will be running a 2021 summer program for current 10th and 11th graders in or near Davis/Sacramento! Applications will be available soon!
INFORMATION ABOUT GOALS:
GOALS is an opportunity for people who have had that experience of walking into a classroom, a lab, or an outdoor space and finding that no one else looked like them. GOALS was created to increase opportunities for high school students who are from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). We particularly encourage people of color, trans, nonbinary, genderqueer, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. If you’ve doubted that you belong in STEM or the outdoors, GOALS is for you.
GOALS wants to assemble a diverse team of students for our so we can all grow as scientists and leaders while exploring, sharing, and celebrating the many facets of our identities. These identities can include:
- Race and ethnicity,
- Sexual orientation and gender identity,
- Cultural background and upbringing,
- Hometown and family dynamics,
- Socioeconomic status or class,
- Languages spoken at home,
- Education level of family members,
- Immigration status,
- Body size and ability,
- Religious or spiritual identity, and
- Other identities and life experiences.
ALL of the following statements must be met in order to be eligible for GOALS. Please send us an email if you are unsure if you meet these requirements. You must:
- Be a rising junior or senior in high school (completing 10th or 11th grade in Spring 2021)
- Identify with girlhood (we welcome all trans, cis, genderqueer, and non-binary youth)
- Live within 35 miles of Davis, CA 95616
- Be available for the program, dates TBD in summer 2021
- Be interested in learning more about science and the outdoors
- Want to work as a member of a team